Freelance Landscape Architect
- Company: McWilliam Studio
- Location: Buckinghamshire
We are looking to recruit a freelance talented, motivated and experienced landscape to join our award-winning design studio in Buckinghamshire. Out studio specialises in high end residential schemes and commercial landscapes with a diverse range of projects across the home counties, London and internationally. In the past 12 years we have won over 40 national and international awards for our work including Gold at the Chelsea Flower Show and Gold and Best in show at both the Singapore Garden Festival and the Shenzhen Flower Show. The overriding ethos of the studio is a passion for planting, materials and craftsmanship delivering distinctive, memorable spaces that enhance the connection between people and nature.
You will be joining a small but very successful team delivering high quality residential and commercial projects. The business is at a pivotal point of growth and development, so the Landscape Architect role is key to assisting the business deliver on client projects and managing client/contractor relationships. As such project management experience is essential, and the ability to foresee and respond to issues as they occur. You should be able to work on all parts of the design process from concept to masterplan and project delivery, working successfully on your own and as a part of the team.
We offer ongoing CPD training and development.
Flexible working available, however time in the studio every week will be required.
Term - Freelance
The successful candidate will be able to display the following skills and qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Landscape Architecture with 5 years minimum relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills. The role will involve dealing directly with clients, contractors, suppliers and other members of the design and construction teams.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD is essential.
- A high level of design ability from freehand sketching through to construction detailing.
- Proficient in InDesign/Photoshop and SketchUp
- Experience of administering contracts and overseeing projects on site
- Up to date knowledge of UK planning
- Ability to travel to site where necessary (full UK driving license)
- Excellent plant knowledge
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with effective project documentation management.
- Self-motivated with a passion for design and the landscape and happy to work as part of a collaborative team.
Competitive salary offered – salary dependent on experience.
Please send a summary portfolio of recent work, your CV and a covering letter to Catherine Wright – email@example.com
Show more vacancies