GARDEN DESIGNER AND PROJECT SUPERVISOR
- Company: Your Garden Design
- Location: Chichester, West Sussex
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an enthusiastic and hands on garden designer looking for a fresh challenge.
As a bespoke design and build practice, we specialise in the creation of high-end gardens and landscapes to discerning clients with a particular focus on outstanding soft landscaping schemes. We are therefore looking for the right person to join our small enthusiastic team in this new and varied role.
The ideal applicant will be creative, passionate about garden design, self-motivated and willing to rise to the challenges of both design based and practical work. This position would ideally suit a recently qualified designer or pre-registered member of the SGD, with the desire to learn new techniques and get a real feel for hands on garden design and build.
Responsibilities will include the development and realisation of planting plans and construction drawings, supported by the practice owner David Loy MSGD.
The role will be split between design and build, and as part of a small team you would have the opportunity to ‘hands on’ experience of a wide range of build techniques, horticultural skills and design styles and expected to learn on the job. As part of the role, we would look to support the candidate through the journey to registration as a full member of the Society of Garden Designers, with the opportunity to manage projects from design to completion to a standard and format suitable for adjudication.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Garden Design
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks essential.
- Excellent horticultural knowledge
- A love of gardens, gardening and being outdoors.
- Must have outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for their subject in both customer facing and supervisory situations.
- Be happy both working alone and with others in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be practical and capable of carrying out wide range of tasks to a consistently high standard.
- Should have a working knowledge of plants, planting combinations and horticultural techniques across the spectrum of ornamental plants, vegetables and fruit.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
- Be based within a sensible distance of Chichester, West Sussex.
We are offering a competitive remuneration package and use of a company vehicle. Please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com or telephone the studio on (01243) 532915 or 07841 11402.
Show more vacancies