WELCOME TO THE SOCIETY OF GARDEN DESIGNERS®
COVID-19: The SGD is following the latest Government Guidelines.
You can read the SGD statement here.
The SGD is the only professional association for garden designers, and our many national and international Members represent the very best of the industry.
Since 1981, we have been championing excellence in garden design, and supporting our Members to train, work, develop and continually maintain the highest standards.
The organisation was founded as the Garden Design Society by a group of eminent landscape designers, who came together to establish garden design as a serious profession. The Society now boasts a diverse Membership of both individual designers and practices. They are all experienced, competent, creative professionals, who have gone through a robust process of accreditation and abide by our Code of Conduct, and they work across a broad range of projects from roof terraces and urban courtyards to large country gardens and public parks.
The Society also promotes best practice and continuing professional development through its conferences, workshops and seminars, its Journal and the annual SGD Awards. It represents garden designers within the wider horticulture and landscape industry on important issues, as well as engaging with the public to raise the profile of garden design.
The SGD's Mission Statement
- to support and promote the status and interests of the members of the Society
- to encourage and promote the professional skills of the members of the Society and to maintain ethical standards of practice
- to consider questions affecting the members including matters of an environmental nature and to communicate to members from time to time such general or particular information as may be deemed useful by the Council
- to promote, support or oppose legislative projects, and public inquiries by such action as the Council will decide
- To affiliate with and subscribe to the funds of any professional body having the same or similar or complementary objects as the Society, as the Council may from time to time decide