Recognising that collaboration is at the heart of a successful garden, with a wide range of experts working alongside garden designers to create a finished scheme, the Society of Garden Designers has launched the Affiliated Business Partnership.
We understand that working with complementary disciplines and collaborating with professional suppliers allows our members to specify, create, maintain and promote the best possible gardens and landscapes, using responsible techniques and practices.
We want to open the SGD out to this vibrant and inclusive community working across the industry. This will allow our members to benefit from a closer association with a range of affiliated companies and help support all our businesses.
The Affiliated Business Partnership will allow the SGD to showcase the best of the landscape industry whether that is the contractors and engineers who help build the garden, the network of specialist suppliers who provide the materials, or the filmmakers, photographers and journalists who record and share the creation of the garden.
Over the next decade the Green Economy is forecast to contribute £42 billion to the UK economy*. Becoming an SGD Affiliated Business Partner means you will join the only professional association for garden designers in the UK, with a membership of over 1,800 potential specifiers both in the UK and abroad.
Join us in our mission to promote good design, construction and materials; to build sustainable, environmentally responsible gardens and to foster and encourage the next generation of garden and landscape professionals.
*Ornamental Horticulture Roundtable Group, report Sept. 2021
CORE Partner Benefits:
- Use of Affiliated Business Partner logo
- Listing in the SGD’s online Affiliated Business Directory
- Inclusion within the Affiliated Business Partner banner on the SGD website
- Access to SGD CPD for all staff
- Priority booking for trade stands at SGD Conferences and Symposiums
- Special partner rates for SGD Conferences and Symposiums
- Digital access to the Garden Design Journal
- Announcement of partnership on the SGD’s social media platforms
Annual Partnership Fees:
- 1 Employee Or Individual/Sole Trader £240 including VAT
- 2 - 10 Employees £500 including VAT
- 11- 49 Employees £800 including VAT
- 50 + Employees £1,200 including VAT
Who Can Apply To Become An Affiliated Business Partner?
The SGD welcomes professional organisations and sole traders from across the garden and landscape industry to apply to become an Affiliated Business Partner including, but not exclusively
- CAD technicians
- Film makers
- Landscape Contractors
- Lighting specialists
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Specialist Service Providers
- Garden buildings
- Sustainability Consultants
- Training and Consultancy
- Tree and plant nurseries
- Tree surgeons
- Water features and Sculptures
Applicants will need to provide evidence of professional accreditation (e.g. SGD, BALI, APL, RIBA, AA, RICS, GMG, HTA) and be in possession of appropriate insurance. We also require applicants to accept the SGD Code of Conduct for Affiliated Business Partners, our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, our Policy Statement on Sustainability and the SGD website terms and conditions.
Who May not Apply To Become An Affiliated Business Partner
The Business Affiliate Partner category is not open to garden or landscape designers or Members of the LI operating as landscape architects. For the avoidance of doubt, the definition of garden or landscape designer is:
• Members of the Landscape Institute operating as landscape architects
• Individuals whose company / business / trading name includes “Garden Design” or a derivation thereof
• Individuals and organisations who offer garden design as a service on their business website where no director, sole trader, partner or employee of that business is an SGD member (MSGD or Pre-Reg)*
* A Design and Build or Landscaping Company offering design services may join as Affiliate but, in order to meet the above criteria, they must have a Pre-registered or Registered member on staff.
* NB: Organisations offering garden design courses are not eligible for the Affiliated Business Partnership scheme - schools or colleges may be awarded Educator status by the SGD of which more details can be found here, and the colleges with Educator status are listed here.
* NB Please note due to the different benefits available, you cannot be both a Friend of the SGD and an Affiliated Business Partner
What Our Partners Say:
"I really do appreciate the opportunity to be connected with and affiliated to such a wonderfully successful and respected group of professionals.
I am genuinely looking forward to getting involved and contributing to the community. It really is a privilege to spend my time in so many wonderfully designed and landscaped gardens. Being a small part of the overall team that helps to create these spaces is a real pleasure."
Mark Packham, Director, Garden Spark
''We are really pleased to be on board and looking forward to promoting our business partnership and the benefits that it will bring.''
James Bird, James Bird Landscapes Ltd