THE BENEFITS OF SPONSORING The Society of Garden Designers® (SGD) AWARDS
Download the Awards Suppliers Opportunities Pack here
There are several industry trade bodies and associations – however, The Society of Garden Designers is the only one specifically for professional garden designers – with its strict accreditation procedures, conferences, award-winning Garden Design Journal and regional groups. The SGD is the industry bridge between the wider professional industry and the people on the ground. SGD members oversee product sourcing and specification for each of their projects and schemes – on average, around 13 projects a year. By sponsoring an SGD Award, you are presenting your company and its products in front of the major decision makers within the industry. The SGD Awards are also the only awards dedicated solely to landscape and garden design in the UK and are open almost exclusively to members of the SGD.
Held at ‘The Landmark’ in Marylebone, the evening is the highlight of the year for SGD Members – drawing around 400 members of The SGD from all across the UK (and abroad) and starts with a champagne reception before moving through to dinner and the awards ceremony itself. After dinner the vast majority of guests move onto another bar which is opened up by the hotel specifically for The SGD awards after party – where the networking continues. The champagne reception is the ideal time for networking and introductions which continue throughout the evening. Part of each sponsorship package includes a number of tickets – you are more than welcome to add additional tickets to enable you to invite existing and potential customers. As The SGD also champions students – you are also presenting your company and its products in front of the garden designers of the future.
The SGD has 40 years’ experience in championing excellence in garden and landscape design across the industry – from students entering the industry to established designers and design practices with numerous RHS Gold Medals working on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK and abroad. By sponsoring an SGD Award you are not only putting your company and its products in front of the guests on the night itself but you can take advantage of the marketing opportunities in the run up to the awards with promotion through The SGD Journal and its social media platforms. SGD members are some of the biggest decision makers in the industry, and any unable to attend the awards receive coverage of The Awards and its sponsors through these other channels.
Exposure to major specifiers in the industry
- The SGD’s members are specifiers with an estimated combined turnover of over £93 million and this does not include their role as specifiers to the landscapers.
- The average SGD member works on 13 projects a year.
- SGD comprises of almost 2000 members who are specifiers with an estimated combined turnover of over £93 Million and an average SGD member works on 13 projects a year. Through the SGD and it's members you can reach directly into the UK gardening industry which contributes some £42 billion and rising to the UK economy.
- The renowned awards are your chance to reach this huge market. As a sponsor a slide promoting your company with your logo will appear when your category is awarded, and you will be invited to present the winner with their award.
Raising your profile with SGD members and the broader public
- Your branding on SGD Awards marketing, promotional material, e-newsletter and website and at the Awards’ Ceremony
- The opportunity for your company to be associated with design excellence in the garden and landscape profession and to display the SGD sponsors’ logo on all your companies printed and online literature
- Inclusion in the Awards’ brochure including a quarter-page advertisement
- Inclusion in the Society’s flagship magazine Garden Design Journal. Promotion across the year through the SGD’s award-winning Journal (10 issues pa), with an audience of 4,000 professional garden designers
- Twitter announcements of sponsorship as soon as you commit, at the event and updates on the night and re-tweeting
With over 10 years industry experience, our sales and marketing contact Andy Barringer will be in regular contact with a sponsor once signed up to ensure sponsors are making the most of their sponsorship opportunities; encouraging and helping them draw up a marketing plan to maximise the benefits gained from aligning with SGD.
Award categories & sponsorship grades
- The SGD Grand Award & Headline Sponsor
- The Lifetime Achievement Award
- Judges Award
- The People's Choice Award
- International Residential Landscapes & Gardens
- International, Commercial or Community Landscapes & Gardens
- UK Commercial or Community Landscapes & Gardens
- UK Roof, Podium & Raised Courtyard Gardens
- Large Residential Landscapes & Gardens
- Medium Residential Landscapes & Gardens
- Small Residential Landscapes & Gardens
- Garden Jewel
- Big Ideas, Small Budget
- Design for the Environment
- Healing or Learning Landscapes & Gardens
- Fresh Designer Landscapes & Gardens
- Planting Design
- Hardscape Design
- Paper Landscape Design
- Student Design Award - Commercial
- Student Design Award - Domestic
- Student Design Award - Urban Sustainability (under 30s)
Previous sponsors of the SGD Awards include
- Barcham Trees
- British Sugar TOPSOIL
- Capital Garden Products Ltd
- CED Stone
- CORE Landscape Products
- Country Supplies
- David Harber
- Deepdale Nursery
- Europlants UK Ltd
- Gabriel Ash
- Global Stone (Colchester) Ltd
- Green-tech Ltd
- Harrod Horticultural
- John Cullen Lighting
- Landform Consultants
- Landscape Institute
- Marshalls PLC
- Platipus Anchors
- Provender Nurseries
- The Garden Builders
- Vande Moortel
For more information or to book one of our sponsorship opportunities please contact Andy Barringer e- firstname.lastname@example.org