This is a two-day event which will be run at the following times:
22nd January 2021 - 10.00am - 12:30pm
25th January 2021 – 10.00am - 12.30pm
Please note that this event will be recorded and will be made available to delegates after the event. For more information on recording and privacy please click here. Once you have booked onto the event an invitation to the Zoom meeting will be sent 24 hours before the meeting commences with instructions on how to log on.
Richard Easton is an experienced garden designer and the course tutor in Garden Design at the Northern School of Garden Design at Craven College, Skipton, with many years of experience in both teaching and the practical applications of garden design.
During the workshop you will cover:
- Producing a planting plan with clear symbols with legible lead-lines
- Creating your own plant symbols
- Creating your own library resource of Favourite Plants
- Working with layer, classes and viewports to simplify a complex design
- Producing spreadsheet information for your planting plan
- Separating spreadsheet information into specific areas/zones/borders in line with your project
- Preparing to share documents and print
Target audience: This workshop is for garden designers who are already relatively proficient in the use of IT and are already using Vectorworks.
You will need:
- A computer (either laptop or desktop) of suitable spec (high RAM – 8-16, and good processor – corei5 or above)
- A mouse with left and right click and a click-wheel (Mac users – the magic mouse isn’t good for CAD, get a cheap mouse instead!).
- Vectorworks Landmark – a free trail can be downloaded from https://www.vectorworks.net/en-GB/landmark Click on the Free Trial button at the top of the screen. Make sure that you download the trial, and then install the programme prior to the workshop starting – download and installation can take time and are not the same thing.