This day will include some presentations, interspersed with lots of creativity, including some basic sketching out in the garden and learning to make models from laser cut card trees and plants.
This course will give attendees the opportunity to learn more about Sarah Price’s ‘painterly’ style and to improve their planting (and garden) design skills using different approaches.
From the North:
- A720 Edinburgh City Bypass to Sheriffhall roundabout. Continue east on A720 to next exit onto A68 in direction of Jedburgh.
- Go through Pathhead village and as you crest the FIRST hill after the village start slowing down and indicating left.
- Turn left at rustic wood signs 'WHITBURGH FARMS'.
- In just over .25 of a mile turn right at bungalows and cottages.
- In 1.25 miles turn left (sign FARM OFFICE) at first of two entrances.
From the South
- Take A68 north. After crossing Soutra Hill and passing the road to Fala Village, go through a 'tunnel' of trees.
- When the road straightens out, look out for sign to FALA DAM on right and take that road.
- Very soon you come to a squint crossroads - go straight over.
- Follow the road round to the LEFT - DO NOT TAKE either of two turnings to the right.
- Stay on this road for approximately 1 mile and turn into back drive very soon AFTER big stone entrance. Sign to FARM OFFICE.
By public transport
- There are regular trains to Gorebridge, Newcraighall and Wallyford stations and the no. 52 Borders Bus to Kelso stops in Pathhead.
- Please contact Becca Duncan if you are planning to travel by train or bus and she will liaise with other attendees to coordinate a pick up/drop off to/ from the station/bus stop.