This is an in person one-day event which will be run at the following times:
27th April 2022 from 10.00am - 4.00pm
Andy McIndoe has had a lifelong passion for plants. Having studied horticulture at Bath University, he joined Hillier Nurseries & Garden Centres of Romsey in 1978 and was the man behind an incredible 25 Gold medal winning gardens for Hillier at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, until 2015 when he left for an independent career as garden designer, book author, radio presenter, garden writer and horticultural consultant. He was awarded the RHS’s prestigious Veitch Memorial Medal in 2017, one of the highest accolades in the horticultural world.
By the end of the day, attendees will have learnt:
- Choosing the right shrubs for the situation (e.g small gardens, shade, new build, narrow borders, dry and sunny etc.)
- Building planting combinations using shrubs (importance of year-round interest, balance of evergreen and deciduous, focus on foliage and structure)
- Putting together your own palette of mainstay shrubs that can form the foundation of all planting schemes.
- Specifying - getting to know suppliers and using what is available rather than specifying plants that cost time to track down. Buying, choosing the best size for the job, timescale, spacing, short- and long-term subjects.
- Maintenance - the secret of success
PLEASE NOTE: Parking is available at the venue at a cost of £0.50 per car.
COVID 19 precautions: We encourage all attendees to take a lateral flow test up to 24 hours before the start of the event.
Course Tutor: Andy McIndoe
This event is brought to you by Ana-Mari Bull MSGD, Regional Coordinator for London and South Midlands.