This is a one-day event which will be run at the following times:
24th March 2022 - 10-12.30 / lunch/ 1.30-4.30
Please note that this event will be recorded and will be made available to delegates after the event. For more information on recording and privacy please click here. Once you have booked onto the event an invitation to the Zoom meeting will be sent 24 hours before the meeting commences with instructions on how to log on.
A day long webinar on the fundamentals of construction and detailing.
This is a general overview and insight into what are the typical requirements and information needed to approach construction detailing and the associated drawing elements for a project. No prior experience is required, and the talk will start from first principles.
The session will cover:
- The basics of construction materials, what you need to know
- How to select the construction details needed
- Conventions for construction detailing
- Setting out drawing sheets and types of projections
- Choosing the best views and elevations
- Paper size and using multiple sheets
- Tolerances what they are and why they are important
- Digital techniques for creating detail drawings
- Where to get help
- Line weights
- Using auxiliary views
- Examples will be worked through for a few typical garden structures e.g. A timber structure, walls and blockwork, a simple water feature assembly
Software will be used to demonstrate some techniques. However, the principles are derived from more traditional conventions and are equally applicable to those who use different software systems or hand drawing.
Specific construction detailing for walls and paving systems are given in forth coming CPD events