This is a one-day event which will be run at the following times:
5th May 2022 - 10-12.30/ lunch/ 1.30-4.30
Please note that this event will be recorded and will be made available to delegates after the event. For more information on recording and privacy please click here. Once you have booked onto the event an invitation to the Zoom meeting will be sent 24 hours before the meeting commences with instructions on how to log on.
Walls & retaining structures in gardens and landscapes can be as simple as a few bricks to create an low planted border up to a fully engineered structure for retaining cuttings and stabilising slopes. Wherever there is a change of level ground invariably requires some form of retention. The most common retaining structure is wall. There are many other ways to deal with sloped sites and as well as walls this webinar will look at alternative, but common solutions.
This webinar will look at the fundamentals of walls (both retaining and freestanding) including:
- Materials and how and where they might be used
- Foundations, drainage, and damp proofing
- Wall thickness and height
- Alternative systems to brick and blockwork
- Timber walls
- Alternatives to traditional foundations, eg ground anchors and plates
- Retaining systems using different materials and techniques eg earth bags, geo webs and gabions
- A range of construction details will be given for most of the methods illustrated