With: John Wood
Times: 09:00 - 16:30 (the event will start at 09:30)
Venue: Henley Rugby Football Club, Dry Leas, Marlow Road, Henley on Thames, RG9 2JA
This course is intended for anyone looking for an introduction to Photoshop, or for those with some Photoshop experience, who would like to gain a better understanding of the processes involved in digital rendering and how Photoshop can be used to enhance our design presentations.
This six hour course will take the form of practical demonstrations, moving between SketchUp and Photoshop. The primary focus will be on Photoshop and it is therefore equally relevant to Vectorworks and other design software, including the digital enhancement of hand drawings. The course is intended to be interactive and questions are encouraged during the demonstrations. The course will include:
- An introduction to the Photoshop interface, menus and basic features.
- The benefits of using Photoshop, and the interaction between SketchUp and Photoshop, including where and how to start.
- Using Photoshop to enhance photographic images, which can then be used to enhance 3D SketchUp models, along with practical suggestions for simplifying and speeding up the 3D modelling process.
- Rendering surfaces in Photoshop.
- Textures, atmosphere and mood in Photoshop, and developing a style.
- Digital planting - various techniques using Photoshop to create a wide range of visually satisfying planting styles and imagery. This will be the core focus of the course.
- How to create species specific digital plants and an explanation of available online library resources.
Programme: Arrive at 9.00am for a 9.30am start
Items to bring: notepaper, pencil, laptop
Catering: There is a cafe on site where you can purchase lunch / refreshments
Parking: There is a car park on site and the daily charge is £3.20.