This is a one-day event which will be run at the following times:
18th October 2022 - 10-12.30 / lunch / 1.30-4.30
Please note that this event will be recorded and will be made available to delegates after the event. For more information on recording and privacy please click here. Once you have booked onto the event an invitation to the Zoom meeting will be sent 24 hours before the meeting commences with instructions on how to log on.
This webinar will cover the fundamentals of paved surfaces. Whether natural stone, porcelain gravel or homogenous bound systems.
It will consider the benefits and problems associated with each, their specification, selection and detailing for construction.
- Construction methods and details will be shown for most typical applications.
- Types of sub bases and thicknesses
- What is bedding, the common types and what is appropriate
- Bound vs unbound
- Permeable and impermeable
- Constructing in difficult places, root zones, and sensitive sites
- Natural stone
- Gravels and retaining systems
- Slip resistance and paving on slopes
- Basic drainage considerations
- Porcelain and installation methods