Introduction to Photoshop
Course Tutor: John Wood
This is a two-day event which will be run via Zoom at the following times:
19th September 2022 from 13:00 - 16:15
20th September 2022 from 13:00 - 16:15
You are required to attend both sessions. The cost covers both sessions.
Please note that this event will be recorded and will be made available to delegates after the event. For more information on recording and privacy please click here. Once you have booked onto the event an invitation to the Zoom meeting will be sent 24 hours before the meeting commences with instructions on how to log on.
This course is intended for anyone looking for an introduction to Photoshop, or for those with some Photoshop experience, who would like to gain a better understanding of the processes involved in digital rendering and how Photoshop can be used to enhance our design presentations.
This six hour course (over two days) will take the form of practical demonstrations moving between SketchUp and Photoshop. The primary focus will be on Photoshop and it is therefore equally relevant to Vectorworks and other design software, including the digital enhancement of hand drawings. The course is intended to be interactive and questions are encouraged during the demonstrations.
The course will include:
- An introduction to the Photoshop interface, menus and basic features.
- The benefits of using Photoshop, and the interaction between SketchUp and Photoshop, including where and how to start.
- Using Photoshop to enhance photographic images, which can then be used to enhance 3D SketchUp models, along with practical suggestions for simplifying and speeding up the 3D modelling process.
- Rendering surfaces in Photoshop.
- Textures, atmosphere and mood in Photoshop, and developing a style.
- Digital planting - various techniques using Photoshop to create a wide range of visually satisfying planting styles and imagery. This will be the core focus of the course.
- How to create species specific digital plants and an explanation of available online library resources.