This is a 3 hour event which will be run at the following times on Zoom:
16th February 2023 1pm -4.15pm
Once you have booked onto the event an invitation to register for the Zoom meeting will be sent, once you have registered you will receive an invitation to join the event along with instructions.
This is an introductory course and is intended for iPad users who already work with Procreate in their design work, or who would like to and are interested in seeing its potential prior to investing (Procreate costs £10 though you do need an iPad to run the programme!).
- Procreate is a simple, versatile design platform available for download on iPads. It is very similar to Photoshop yet has the added benefit of drawing directly onto the screen itself making the felt experience of sketching far closer to the real thing.
- The course will cover various design techniques including both freehand and technical drawing. Along with rendering techniques including watercolour and freehand rendering styles, which can be used to colour 2D plans.
- How to work with photographs and photo montage.
- Creating 2D botanically accurate png files for use in other CAD programs.
- Building a botanically accurate plant library (for reference, examples of the types of plants that can be created using Procreate can be found on John’s Instagram account @cadscape_services).
The course will be recorded and so there is no requirement to take notes as the recording will be made available to course participants after the event. Teaching will be by real-time demonstration with time made available for questions throughout the course.