Making Business Sense of Carbon Footprinting, Net Zero and Environmental Management
This is a 6 hour event which will be run at the following times on Zoom:
4th May 2023 9.30am - 4.30pm with breaks and a lunch break.
Once you have booked onto the event an invitation to register for the Zoom meeting will be sent, once you have registered you will receive an invitation to join the event along with instructions.
Speaker: Tim Maiden of Green Small Business.
This is an introductory course and is intended for anyone in a garden design business who is interested in trying to better understand the role that their business can play in addressing in addressing the climate and ecological emergency.
Content will include:
- Understanding carbon emissions, climate change and net zero
- The importance and urgency of reducing carbon emissions
- Carbon footprinting – methods, uses and weaknesses
- Carbon footprinting a garden design business
- Understanding environmental management
- Applying environmental management in a garden design context
- Practical tips for taking action
- Marketing your efforts to go green whilst avoiding greenwash
The course will be recorded and so there is no requirement to take notes as the recording will be made available to course participants after the event. There will be some practical sessions in which we will seek to apply some of the key concepts and time will be made available for questions and discussions throughout the course.