This one day lecture will take the form of practical demonstrations moving between SketchUp and Photoshop. The primary focus will be on Photoshop and is therefore equally relevant to Vectorworks and indeed any other design software, including the digital enhancement of hand drawings or still photographs.
- A general introduction to the basic workings of photoshop giving a broad overview of function and technique. This introduction will aim to give those with no prior experience a good overall understanding of the basics, along with serving as helpful revision for those with working knowledge.
- The interaction between SketchUp and Photoshop. Creating a perspective framework to be rendered in Photoshop.
- Using Photoshop to enhance photographic images which can then be used to enhance 3D SketchUp modelling, along with practical suggestions for simplifying and speeding up the 3D modelling process.
- Rendering surfaces. Textures, atmosphere and mood in Photoshop.
- Creating species specific digital plants along with available library resources
- Digital planting. Various techniques using Photoshop to create a wide range of visually satisfying planting styles and imagery. This will be the core focus of the day, with plenty of time for questions and interaction during the demonstrations.
Target audience: Anyone interested either in learning, or in better understanding the processes involved in digital rendering using Photoshop as the primary tool.