Martin Kelley has been involved in the construction of water gardens for all his working life. After training with Anthony Archer Wills from 1982, he started Fairwater Ltd in 1993 and is now employed as consultant, technical designer and contractor by many leading garden designer and landscape architects. Martin Kelley has now partnered up with Rick Peers and their company is called Kelley Peers Design Partnership Ltd.
KPDP have been responsible for a large range of water garden projects ranging from wildlife ponds, lakes to intricate fountains, rills and water courses.
KPDP ofer technical support to design teams throughout the globe and specialise in the back room detail of water garden design. The key areas of expertise are
- Design interpretation, advising clients on the practicality of their concept and recommending cost saving alternatives
- Detailed construction drawings, complete CAD packages showing every component required to achieve the visual effect desired.
- Technical specifications of pumps, filteration, water level control and lighting
- 3D modelling of features to demonstrate the interface of other structures on site
- Work schedules and costs for inclusion in tender packages
- Aquatic and marginal planting schemes both for ornamental impact and as aids to biological filteration.
Martin will take us through an illustrated talk of the design and construction of a range of water gardens both formal and informal.
Nearest train station is Brookmans Park and then a 10 minute walk to the venue.