FRIEND OF THE SOCIETY
Friend status is the best category for designers who are:
- setting up their practice following qualification
- not yet ready to progress on the Professional Pathway to Registered Status
- taking a break from professional garden design
- professional horticulturists, landscapers, garden photographers and writers, and others in the industry for whom there is no desire to gain professional status in garden design, but who want to be part of the SGD.
Alternatively if you have an interest in or passion for garden design, but don’t wish to practice as a designer, becoming a Friend of the Society is the perfect option for you.
Benefits of being a Friend of the SGD include:
- Ten digital editions of membership magazine Garden Design Journal each year
- Discounted rates for SGD conferences, workshops and seminars
- Regional SGD networking groups and workshops
- Invitations to member events run by suppliers and supporters of SGD
- Opportunities to be involved in SGD initiatives
- Email newsletters
Find out more about benefits for our different Membership categories here.
How to Apply
You can become a Friend of the Society today in a few easy steps – simply apply and pay your fee online here.
Friend fees start at £93. Fees for new members will be charged on a pro-rata basis until the upcoming October, as all SGD members have the same renewal date: October 1st. Prices are detailed in the table below:
Become a Friend of the Society